- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil or try an Uncle Joe's oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup each: gluten-free flour, Uncle Joe’s Walnut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each: baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated carrots
- 1/2 cup sultanas
Cream Cheese Topping:
- 75g cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed peel, optional
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly oil and line the base of a 20cm round cake pan with baking paper.
Cream the sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the oil and vanilla, until smooth.
Combine the dry ingredients and sift into the wet ingredients. Stir in the grated carrots and sultanas. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
To make the topping, beat the cream cheese and icing sugar, until smooth. Spread over the cold cake. Sprinkle with the peel, if using.